Leaf NISSAN TO LAUNCH ALL-ELECTRIC LEAF AS UPGRADED 2012 MOD - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Leaf NISSAN TO LAUNCH ALL-ELECTRIC LEAF AS UPGRADED 2012 MOD

Information filled article with some nice tidbits -

http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do;js ... odel&mid=1

Pricing

Quote:
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price of the 2012 Nissan LEAF is $35,200 for the SV trim level, and $37,250 for the SL trim level. The monthly lease price will begin at a highly competitive $369.
SV will now have standard cold weather package and SL will have DC quick change.

Availability

Quote:
Nissan on July 25 will open up the ordering process to consumers with existing reservations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Quote:
Nissan will expand into additional new markets as the year continues. In the fall, orders from existing reservations and new reservations will begin in Connecticut, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York. By the end of the year, Delaware, Indiana, Louisiana, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island will be added as markets where the Nissan LEAF will be available for order.
Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Leaf NISSAN TO LAUNCH ALL-ELECTRIC LEAF AS UPGRADED 2012

If you havn't noticed, all 2011 Leafs are sold. That means all Teir 3+ states won't see a Leaf until 2012.

I canceled my order earlier today. I've given up on the Leaf. Time for the Focus.
travisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Here in NC, today I received a Nissan email saying we would be able to order a Leaf sometime next week.
I'd rather have a Ford electric, but as of now, no word on that. So will have to think about it.
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit
Here in NC, today I received a Nissan email saying we would be able to order a Leaf sometime next week.
I'd rather have a Ford electric, but as of now, no word on that. So will have to think about it.
I'm considering the same, but the problem is there is no word on Focus availability or price. It's likely that the Focus will be more expensive and further out.

We may not like what we are looking at, but we don't have any idea what is behind door number 2. I for one will still be sitting on my $99 deposit until we hear something from Ford.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit
I'm considering the same, but the problem is there is no word on Focus availability or price. It's likely that the Focus will be more expensive and further out.

We may not like what we are looking at, but we don't have any idea what is behind door number 2. I for one will still be sitting on my $99 deposit until we hear something from Ford.
I feel ya dawg...but seriously, two of the main reasons the Focus EV looked better have disappeared. Faster recharge and thermal reg on the battery. Now the only plus I see for the Focus EV is that I won't have to wear a bag over my head while driving it around.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

At least there is something for an upgrade this coming 2012. Nissan completely emerged as the pioneer of electric powered vehicles thanks for the effort of Carlos Ghosn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hamiltonjensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisty
If you havn't noticed, all 2011 Leafs are sold. That means all Teir 3+ states won't see a Leaf until 2012.

I canceled my order earlier today. I've given up on the Leaf. Time for the Focus.
Tier 3 delivers have been underway for several weeks....just wondering if you regret your decision to cancel your order? I'm really not trying to be a prick or anything...just genuinely curious.

I will be interesting to see if Ford beats Nissan with deliveries anywhere? From what I have seen the first delivers for the Focus are going to be somewhere between March and 'late summer'. Meanwhile Nissan will have ordering available nationwide in March and based on the current lag between order and delivery many of those customers may be taking delivery in early/mid summer.

I had high hopes for the Focus but feel very let down. The roll-out is well behind what I expected based on their early communication regarding the 14 cities by the end of 2011. Then the price. But most of all in the general lack of excitement. Where are all the people on this (or any other) forum talking about their orders, when they expect their cars, and all that other stuff. As far as I can tell there are only 2 people on this forum that have put in their orders.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

I also am a bit curious about the number of people who have ordered. I even put a subject up about orders and it has received little notice. This is a very low key rollout. I am one of those who has ordered and I am very excited about the car. However, will this be a hit vehicle? With all Nissan did, they have only produced a little over 8000 Leafs. Is that sufficient to support these cars. Nissan seems very commited, will Ford develop the same enthusiasm and sales volume to make this a long term commitment? They put a lot of money into the Wayne, Michigan plant so I am confident of there desire, but......????
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1
I also am a bit curious about the number of people who have ordered. I even put a subject up about orders and it has received little notice. This is a very low key rollout. I am one of those who has ordered and I am very excited about the car. However, will this be a hit vehicle? With all Nissan did, they have only produced a little over 8000 Leafs. Is that sufficient to support these cars. Nissan seems very commited, will Ford develop the same enthusiasm and sales volume to make this a long term commitment? They put a lot of money into the Wayne, Michigan plant so I am confident of there desire, but......????
Congrats on your order and look forward to hearing more about your experiences...

FYI. Through November Nissan has Sold 8,739 Leafs in the US (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2883), but worldwide the number of Leafs sold to date is right around 20,000. There have also been a lot of Leafs delivered in the first two weeks of December...my guess is they will be pushing 10k in the US for CY2011.