Mitsu Owns This Town - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mitsu Owns This Town

An interesting marketing idea from Mitsu.

Quote:
In an effort to prove electric cars will work are "normal" even in the smaller cities of middle America, Mitsubishi Motors is flooding the city of Normal, Ill.(pop. 50,000), with up to 1,000 of its coming "i" electric cars.
I have to admit I have tended to ignore the i because of its undersized battery and motor and decidedly Japanese Futuro styling. However, there are many people who want their EV to be in your face with its styling. I guess there is a certain logic to that. Hard to get props for your green cred if no one even knows you are driving an EV.

Also, Mitsu is embracing in wheel motors right out of the gate. I think there can be little doubt that long term this is where the motors will go. It frees up space, and makes AWD possible without any clunky drivetrain. And space is at a premium when trying to figure out where to stick batteries in an EV.

Mitsu definitely thinks outside the box.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ric-cars/1

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 04:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Mitsu Owns This Town

The only electric car that is a bit popular to Mitsu is the Mi-EV it looks like the Tata Nano in size.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hamiltonjensson is offline   Reply With Quote