Good Lord Nissan Get It Together! - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Good Lord Nissan Get It Together!

The A/C and Leaf not starting issue has been widely reported, and Nissan claims that the issue has been resolved. But now they give a car to a reporter from the Chicago Sun Times and it does the same thing. My guess is that this a demo car that did not get the software update that purports to fix the problem. If billions weren't on the line for Nissan this would almost be funny.

Quote:
So now my family is sitting in the car. I push the button, the dashboard leaps to life. All the windows are open — to savor the engine silence — and I notice the air conditioner pumping out chilled air. Frugal soul that I am, I press the AC “ON/OFF” button and then try to put the car into reverse. Nothing.

I try again. I could put the Leaf into neutral, but not reverse or drive. Sweating, I work the stumpy shifter. Warning lights glow across the dashboard. An enigmatic “PS.” I turn the thing off and on. That normally works. Nothing. Dad killed the electric car.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/steinberg/ ... -leaf.html

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Good Lord Nissan Get It Together!

Well, it's only a software bug. The Volt has a million lines of code . There's probably a bug or 2 in there. I assume FE will have some as well and hope they are not so noticeable.

I remember when Prius had a bug where 32 of so, stalled for no reason. Media made a big deal of that. But as a former programmer, it didn't stop me from buying one.

That could happen to the FE as well, since it too, will have a lot of code.

And I didn't appreciate the article's cheap jab at Republicans...
"I still think this car is the future. Republicans can rage against global warming all they like. But the animals are moving north, away from rising temperatures. The science is there, and while that might not affect someone who believes the Earth was created 6,000 years ago, for the rest of us, change is coming."

Please, lets keep this site non political
Old 08-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKalkas
Well, it's only a software bug. The Volt has a million lines of code . There's probably a bug or 2 in there. I assume FE will have some as well and hope they are not so noticeable.

I remember when Prius had a bug where 32 of so, stalled for no reason. Media made a big deal of that. But as a former programmer, it didn't stop me from buying one.

That could happen to the FE as well, since it too, will have a lot of code.

And I didn't appreciate the article's cheap jab at Republicans...
"I still think this car is the future. Republicans can rage against global warming all they like. But the animals are moving north, away from rising temperatures. The science is there, and while that might not affect someone who believes the Earth was created 6,000 years ago, for the rest of us, change is coming."

Please, lets keep this site non political

I didn't even see the political jab...guess I just tune that stuff out.

And yes I thought the number for the Volt was more like 10 million lines, but whichever it is huge. Think I recall that it was much greater than the number of lines of software for the Boeing Dreamliner.

Having a software bug is not a big issue. But sending one with buggy software to a reporter for review several months after you've supposedly "fixed" the problem. You gotta admit that's not good.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2011, 04:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hopefully this will not be a problem that would recall all of the leaf launch on that production date! I guess this is just some minor issue because most A/C system is powered mainly by the help of conventional engine.