Reuters - Mitsubishi Motors unveils cheaper i-MiEV electric - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Reuters - Mitsubishi Motors unveils cheaper i-MiEV electric

Key Points:

"Costs have really come down dramatically," President Osamu Masuko told a news conference, adding that batteries -- the main reason for the relatively high price of EVs -- had more than halved in price in the last two years

The Mitsubishi group has loaned 89 i-MiEVs free to the region's governments and others helping with relief efforts.

"Once enough gasoline became available we asked whether we could have them back, but we were told they were still useful so not one has been returned yet," he said.

Mitsubishi Motors said it hopes to develop and market within this business year a portable converter with enough output capacity to allow its electric cars to power household electronics such as rice cookers and washing machines.

A converter for laptop computers and other products that use less electricity is already available as an option.

On a larger scale, Japanese automakers including Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan and Toyota Motor Corp are looking to add a function that would enable EVs to discharge electricity directly to homes. The i-MiEV would be able to power an average household for at least a day.

------------------------------------

Imagine how useful such a "converter" would be if you had an ICE based generator for backup. Just saying.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Reuters - Mitsubishi Motors unveils cheaper i-MiEV elect

This project might put Mitsubishi motors among the big 3 of Japan. The development of such vehicle shall greatly depend on the response of each countries which support for cleaner and greener cars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hamiltonjensson is offline   Reply With Quote