Electrical locks problem in my ford - Needs a locksmith - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Electrical locks problem in my ford - Needs a locksmith

I have my car Ford focus 2005 and ovrall it is nice car but from few days ago i'm having problem with the electric locks of my car. Actually the problem is that the locks are not working properly, when trying to start the car the electrical turns on but the car doesn't start. I have to lock and open the doors using the remote. so i needs the support of good locksmith if anyone have some idea kindly suggest me for it.
lmoaceySus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

If your car has the push button start. The key fob has a transmitter in it. This way the car can tell if key is by the door, or inside the car. Could be the battery in the key fob may be going, and is putting out a weak signal. So check and see if both key fobs do the same thing. Check the 12 volt battery terminal connections under the hood. Could be a poor terminal connection. Next turn on the doom light. Watch the brightness of the lamp when you try and start the car. If the light gets realy dim while trying to start could indicate a weak battery, or poor connection. You could also check all the fuses in the car.

Last edited by JeffAnd; 03-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote