Why I DID end up buying a Focus - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
JAG

Default Why I DID end up buying a Focus

When I looked at buying the car in November I was concerned reading a couple of stories online of owners who's cars had sorta died on them the first week or two and my dealer is over Vail Pass in Denver a hundred miles away. Then I test drove the car at Thanksgiving and liked it. After trying a C-Max I realized that every time the gas motor turned on as perfect as that car's power train was, it was a letdown. Pure electric is better in many ways, though an extended range hybrid like the Volt or Caddy ELR would be the best compliment to the FFE and in an all wheel drive version will certainly be my next auto purchase. It will be interesting to see which Company will be first to market, my guess Audi.

Ford had sweetened the pot by $2000 and I changed the car from Black/Leather to White/Cloth plus shortened the lease up to two years just in case, all while keeping the lease at $399 plus tax. I took delivery of the car yesterday on the side of Hwy 133 and rolled it into my garage with 5 miles on the range-ometer, no anxiety though, I KNEW the car could do it. I'm sure I will love this car, my wife does too. Style and Substance is why I DID end up b getting the FFE, plus the dealer did the "Trust is the New Black" thing with me, which was way cool.

Last edited by JAG; 12-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hope you love your car like my wife loves her FFE. If I were still working it would have been a perfect car for me as I could plug in at work, free energy! So far we have not used our 'regular' car much, the FFE does all the local travel. While my wife loves the electric power and the looks, I like the build quality. Still early days but for the first couple months and 1,000 miles we couldn't be happier. If it continues like this we will be making Ford an offer at the end of the lease. Oh, we are getting a 240 charging system installed this week, should make things even better although 110 has worked ok so far for us.
yakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good point on a AWD EV, just imagine having crazy amounts of torque to not just 2 wheels but 4! It will make for probably an equally range friendly and more power happy vehicle.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ford Focus is good car.i think The Ford Focus is one of the most complete cars on the road today. Well designed, well engineered, well built, well priced.
Ford has a real knack for producing sweet-handling cars, and the Focus continues this trend. Strong grip and solid body control make it feel wonderfully agile in bends, while the super-accurate steering weights up progressively the faster you go. The ride is pretty good, too, although, it isn’t as smooth as a VW Golf’s.
jamess03 is offline   Reply With Quote