Drove by the plant yesterday - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Drove by the plant yesterday

Every time I drive by the plant (about once a month or so) I cause a traffic jam as I slow down looking in the parking lot for FFE's alongside all the shiny new normally powered Focuses I see in the lot.

So far I haven't seen any--until yesterday. Sitting in a section of the lot away from all the cars ready to get on trains & trucks was about 6 of them right next to a conventionally powered one. All of these cars were facing the road so you could easily tell via the grill which one was which (I'm pretty sure they were all Focuses and not C-Maxes because the C-Max has a higher roofline than a Focus and there was a conventional Focus in line with them to compare to).

Not that this matters much as a few here have already taken delivery. I figure, though, the more I see in the lot means more are in production (yes granted 6 isn't that many when compared to the hundreds of conventional ones I usually see in the lot but it is >0).

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the news. My dealer just informed me that mine is scheduled for production on August 6. I'm getting a little nervous, or anxious.
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsblots View Post
Thanks for the news. My dealer just informed me that mine is scheduled for production on August 6. I'm getting a little nervous, or anxious.
billsblots,
Congrats!
It would be interesting to see how many days it takes to be delivered to the dealer. I hope you keep posting and tell us that information, and more

Old 08-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

That's interesting that your car is going to be made on August 6th. My car is going to be made on August 27. I thought that some else said that August 20th was when their car was going to be made. These dates all fall on a Monday. There may be a reason for this. To produce the electric version requires 2 additional people on the line. Since the vast majority of Focus production is the gas powered version it makes sense to concentrate FFE production to one day a week. This maybe what’s going on here?

It would be interesting to see how long it takes from production to when you get a call from the dealership?
Cars are traditionally delivered by rail, then by truck. How long does it take?

Last edited by JeffAnd; 08-01-2012 at 06:30 PM.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote