Phase 1B will it start soon? - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up Phase 1B will it start soon?

Today I called the Chicago area dealership. During a conversation with the dealerships owner, I had asked if a VIN number had been issued for my FFE order. He told me no, but they did have a VIN number issued for the demonstrator FFE the dealership had ordered. This dealership is part of phase 1B rollout. This could possibly mean that phase 1B dealer ships could be getting a demonstrator car in August or September. This would be nice since I have placed an order for one back in March. I have not seen one with my two eyes yet. Let alone test drive one. I have seen a lot of pictures, Youtube videos, and read reviews. I do understand what the car can, and can’t do. Most of my driving is less than 50 miles a day, and I will be keeping my other car for those longer trips. I do have a two garage to keep the cars in for those cold Wisconsin winters.

Oh you can now order for some time now 2013 FFE from any phase 1B dealership. This could also expand to phase 2 dealerships soon. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

JeffAnd,
Are you driving further than 80 ish miles back to Wisconsin? Are you going to charge up somewhere on the way?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

The distance from dealership is about 97 miles. The FFE should just be able to cover that distance with the climat control off, and driving at constant speed of 40 to 45 MPH on level ground. But thier are a couple of charging stations at the midpoint of the trip home. I already have a ChargePoint card so that I will be able to use the Chargepoint charging station.

You can click on the link below to see if thier is a charging station near you.

http://www.chargepoint.net/

Old 07-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

You can click on the link below to see if thier is a charging station near you.

http://www.chargepoint.net/

JeffAnd, thanks for that.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

I just received a VIN from my "1B" dealer in Virginia, tentatively scheduled for August 20 availability. It is a 2013 model, not that there is any difference from the 2012 model.
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsblots View Post
I just received a VIN from my "1B" dealer in Virginia, tentatively scheduled for August 20 availability. It is a 2013 model, not that there is any difference from the 2012 model.
billsblots,
Congrats! I'm glad to see a 1B scheduled for August. (that would be next month)
Old 07-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKalkas View Post
billsblots,
Congrats! I'm glad to see a 1B scheduled for August. (that would be next month)
Yes, it made me panic a little. I'm going to call Best Buy and see if they know anything about installing the EVSE Leviton charger.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage

I thought that scheduling the install of the Ford charging station was done threw the Ford dealership. They are the ones that contact Best Buy. I would contact your sales rep at the dealership about getting one installed. Best Buy Geek Squad comes to installation location to do the assessment. Once being approved Best Buy then contacts a local electrician to do the actual install. The electrician pulls the proper local permits. He then installs a 40 amp double poll breaker in your circuit breaker box. He then wirers, and installs a power receptacle at the charger location. Once the work is complete the local inspector may come out and inspect the work.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

I believe you're right Jeff, Best Buy won't know this procedure, Ford will know whom to call.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage

To schedual to have a site survey done you need to call Best Buy Geek Squad. By calling them it will start the installation process rolling.
Their is $100 charge for the site survey. Ford charging station is about $1000. Installation is done by a local electrican. Figure another $500 for a typical installation. Cost will go up if the installation requires running wires from the house to an unattached garage. It could be less if circuit breaker panel is in the garage.

1-888-219-6747

Last edited by JeffAnd; 07-24-2012 at 06:17 PM.