Ford Focus additional markets and states - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Ford Focus additional markets and states

The California and New York/New Jersey markets are preliminary for Focus Electric purchasing. Ford will be expanding their production and EV Certified dealer network into additional markets and states during mid-2012.
Mid-2012 states include Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
The question is when will Ford expand their dealer network to these other states? This could be as soon as June 1st. But more likely mid to late summer. This will mean you will be able to place your orders.

How do you find a EV Certified dealer?
Method one: Click on the link below that will take to the Ford website.
http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate/results/
Then Select your state.
Dealer Specialty: Select "ELectric Vehicles"
Then click "Search".
Until Ford releases the dealership names they will not be listed.

Metod two:
Start calling all the Ford Dealers in your area and ask if they will be selling the Focus Electric.
First call all the large dealers in your area. Less than 25% of the dealers will sell the car. For example the car may only be available in large markets such as Atlanta and not all of Georgia. I don't know for sure.
Chicago will only have 18 EV Certified dealers at this time.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Ford Focus additional markets and states

JeffAnd,

Thanks for the info. I bookmarked the link, though no EV dealers were selected as yet.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
The question is when will Ford expand their dealer network to these other states?
Just for your information... http://You do not have to have a dea... order an FFE. In my case, I live in RI and ordered, in the first round, from a NJ dealer.

No deceptions. I clearly identified myself as an out of state individual. I asked if Ford was requiring their buyers to be local so they could have the car for frequent inspections, etc. The NJ dealership informed me they are not limited to selling to local individuals and there are no planned inspections of the vehicle after a specificed number of miles. I called my local RI Ford Dealer and told him what I planned. He informed me that every car Ford makes they will be able to service. This was in November of 2011. I ordered the auto on 11/29/11, I am picking up the auto in NJ on 5/30/12.

My local dealer has been exceptional. He has been visited by the FFE service managers, has installed his charging stations and has called me several times to inform me of his progress. The service manager is very excited and has repeatedly called me to see if I have received it. He wants me bring the car in as soon as possible so he can show it off in the shop.

Don't be afraid, the only problem you may have is getting it back home. My sales dealer is 186 miles away, but I have a whole route planned to return the car to RI. You can also have the car shipped. I found one autotransporter who was going to charge me $250.00 to deliver the car. Not real bad, but I really want to drive this thing. (I think I'll let my wife drive because she gets much better gas mileage than I do....)

Next week, I hope to be telling you stories of miles/kWH and other good stuff.....
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
The question is when will Ford expand their dealer network to these other states?

Just for your information... http://You do not have to have a dea... order an FFE. In my case, I live in RI and ordered, in the first round, from a NJ dealer.

No deceptions. I clearly identified myself as an out of state individual. I asked if Ford was requiring their buyers to be local so they could have the car for frequent inspections, etc. The NJ dealership informed me they are not limited to selling to local individuals and there are no planned inspections of the vehicle after a specificed number of miles. I called my local RI Ford Dealer and told him what I planned. He informed me that every car Ford makes they will be able to service. This was in November of 2011. I ordered the auto on 11/29/11, I am picking up the auto in NJ on 5/30/12.
Yes I did the same thing. I order from Chicago, and I live in Wisconsin. The dealership is about 97 miles from my house. It could make it all the way if drove it just under 45 MPH. But I will play it safe stop at one of the Charge Point charging stations. A number of the dealers in my area were interested seeing the car once I get it.
Ordered in early March. Date of pick up. October or November.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAnd
Quote:

Yes I did the same thing. I order from Chicago, and I live in Wisconsin. The dealership is about 97 miles from my house. It could make it all the way if drove it just under 45 MPH. But I will play it safe stop at one of the Charge Point charging stations. A number of the dealers in my area were interested seeing the car once I get it.
Ordered in early March. Date of pick up. October or November.
Just curious, what Ford dealer in Chicago were you able to order from? I went to the Ford EV related site and they show no Ford EV dealers within a 300 mile radius of my zip (I'm in the NW 'burbs outside of Chicago -- within 40 miles of downtown)
redEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

Click on the Ford website link below.
http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate/results/
Enter your Zip code:
Dealer Specialty: Select "None"
Then change the distance to 75 miles.
Then click "Search".
This will give you a list of dealerships that are within a 75 mile radius of your zip code.
Then start calling the dealerships, and ask if they will be selling the Ford Focus Electric.
Take notes so you don't make unnecessary calls.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAnd
Quote:

Just curious, what Ford dealer in Chicago were you able to order from? I went to the Ford EV related site and they show no Ford EV dealers within a 300 mile radius of my zip (I'm in the NW 'burbs outside of Chicago -- within 40 miles of downtown)
RedEV
I used JeffAnd's suggestion to find Ford dealers near me. Then I used the below site to see ratings. Bob Rohrmen, Schaumburg, and Al Piemonte, Arlington Hts. for example.

Haven't called yet, to ask if they will have FFEs.

http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/Illinois/Ford/
Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
RedEV
I used JeffAnd's suggestion to find Ford dealers near me. Then I used the below site to see ratings. Bob Rohrmen, Schaumburg, and Al Piemonte, Arlington Hts. for example.

Haven't called yet, to ask if they will have FFEs.

http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/Illinois/Ford/
Let me know how successful you are ... just like the LEAF rollout, it's doubtful that unless they've gotten trained on it, they'll say no but doesn't hurt to try if you have the time. Just like Nissan, Ford has tons of dealers in and around Chicago metro, as well as a Ford mfg. plant that makes the Explorer, you'll have many to contact; years ago when I had bought my '93 Ford Taurus SHO I had thought that it might be made locally but they only made the SHO down in Atlanta at the time. I stick around this forum because I'm waiting on the C-Max Energi but wish Ford well with their FFE rollout as well but gave up on it when it was unlikely to make it within the time frame to trade in my ICE car an EV would replace.
redEV is offline   Reply With Quote