Ford Launch Schedule - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ford Launch Schedule

Most informative is this map which shows the state by state launch schedule for 2012.

http://insideevs.com/ford-certifies-...ocus-electric/

Wood you should be hearing good news very soon.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage
Default Re: Ford Launch Schedule

Looking at this schedual it appears that the release of the Ford Focus Electric is running about 8 weeks or more behind. I consider the start of summer begins on Memoral week end. So inorder for phase 1A to keep on schedual, Ford would need to release the cars before the end of May.
I order my FFE back in early March from a phase 1B state, and was told by the dealer I would not be getting the car until the forth quarter. I really hope my wait is not this long.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAnd
Looking at this schedual it appears that the release of the Ford Focus Electric is running about 8 weeks or more behind. I consider the start of summer begins on Memoral week end. So inorder for phase 1A to keep on schedual, Ford would need to release the cars before the end of May.
I order my FFE back in early March from a phase 1B state, and was told by the dealer I would not be getting the car until the forth quarter. I really hope my wait is not this long.
I also ordered from a phase 1B State, and was told October for a delivery time. However, there have been implications that a summer delivery is a possibility. Seems Ford wants to under promise.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Click on the link below to see a full resolution version of the dealer rollout map.

http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/20...nfographic.jpg

Here is the link to the MotorTrend article the contained the dealer rollout map.
http://wot.motortrend.com/ford-focus...uarter-motion/
Old 05-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

I think Ford wants to avoid the consumer assumption that something is wrong if delivery dates are no met.
By being conservative on delivery estimates Ford is avoiding overly high expectations. Also by avoiding sales estimates they don't have to deal with the criticism when they are not met. The fact is that Focus electric is built on the same assembly line as the gas powered version, makes the electric version highly scalable to consumer demand. :P