Has any one seen a Ford Focus Electric? - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 02:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Has any one seen a Ford Focus Electric?

Has anyone seen a FFE at dealership, or heard of customer taking delivery? I have heard no news of any one taking delivery of the car except for fleet customers. I have been waiting for this car to come out close to two years now. Where are the cars? You would think by now that demonstrator cars would be at the dealerships by now.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Has any one seen a Ford Focus Electric?

My delivery was supossed to be the week of 4/9/12. The dealer has no information. "Anyday now" is his refrain. I monitor several Focus forums and to my knowledge no one has received a FFE. My dealer told me they "must" keep the first Focus as a demo car and no one in the NY - NJ dealer network has received their demo as of this date.

???????????
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've seen one M-plate one driving around our neighborhood (note that we're about 3 miles away from the plant so I frequently see M-plate Focuses driving around--and all other M-plated Fords since we're about 20 miles from Dearborn and quite a few Ford employees live in our community).

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
It was a pleasure speaking with you today, thank you for your patience and understanding – it’s quite refreshing. While I understand you are anxious to receive your vehicle I do not have an ETA at this time. The vehicle has been stop shipped for inspection. Please stay in touch with your dealership and I will provide you weekly updates when the system changes.

Thank You for your time!

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager
Ford Motor Company- Customer Service Division
1-866-631-3788 x 77790 | Fax- 1-866-638-1357
Atretten@ford.com
Per the Ford Corporate Customer Service Representative I spoke to this morning.

Additionally, I spoke with a Flood Ford (Wakefield, RI) Service Supervisor who is very good and helping me follow up on service for my new Focus. He spoke to a Ford Motor Company Electric vehicle service supervisor who told him:

Quote:
No Ford Focus Electric Vehicles have been released to the nationwide public. We expect to release them soon.
I thanked both of them and told them the issue is communication. I will quietly wait as long as someone let's me know my status. "Angela" actually gave me a location for my car and said it is going to inspected and then hopefully put on a truck and shipped to the dealership.

Both of these people, Angela from Ford Customer support and Jason from the Flood Ford dealership were very refreshing, knowledgable and supportive. My praise to them!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1
Quote:
It was a pleasure speaking with you today, thank you for your patience and understanding – it’s quite refreshing. While I understand you are anxious to receive your vehicle I do not have an ETA at this time. The vehicle has been stop shipped for inspection. Please stay in touch with your dealership and I will provide you weekly updates when the system changes.

Thank You for your time!

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager
Atretten@ford.com
Per the Ford Corporate Customer Service Representative I spoke to this morning.

Additionally, I spoke with a Flood Ford (Wakefield, RI) Service Supervisor who is very good and helping me follow up on service for my new Focus. He spoke to a Ford Motor Company Electric vehicle service supervisor who told him:

[quote:221j4tj2] No Ford Focus Electric Vehicles have been released to the nationwide public. We expect to release them soon.
I thanked both of them and told them the issue is communication. I will quietly wait as long as someone let's me know my status. "Angela" actually gave me a location for my car and said it is going to inspected and then hopefully put on a truck and shipped to the dealership.

Both of these people, Angela from Ford Customer support and Jason from the Flood Ford dealership were very refreshing, knowledgable and supportive. My praise to them!!!![/quote:221j4tj2]

Good to hear you are finally getting some information. Most people don't mind waiting if you let them know what is going on.
Marc Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

Could this possibly be some light at the end of tunnel?
Soon could mean a lot of things. It could be next week or three months from now. Considering how long it has been since Ford has started the vehicle electrification program over 3 years ago. Six months is not that long of a time. By Fords renewed commitment to electric vehicles can be seen by the Ford Focus being the first electric NASCAR pace car. Also the new ad campaign featuring Ford FFE and Hybrids as further evidence. This is starting to give me some confidence that the cars may begin to be delivered some time in the next 60 days.
Unfortunately some could not wait, and gave up. They had to settle for their second choice. If they ordered a Leaf last year you may be getting it soon. Jump ship now you will just be on a different waiting list.
It does appear that cars do exist, but are waiting for one last detail before they are shipped. The delay could be due to final refinements in the cars software.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

My weekly update has arrived and I am feeling a little short changed. Very vague information without any probability of resolution....

I did reply email and asked her if "any consumer ordered Electic Focus have been delivered" - No response at this time.

Quote:
Mr. Foss,

Hope you had a great weekend! I don’t have any updates on your vehicle’s arrival date, but I know that it has been produced and is still waiting for inspection. I will set another follow-up for next week 5-15-2012 to provide you with any additional information I receive.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager
Atretten@ford.com
Old 05-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Angela did return my email and here is her response to my question on delivery of the consumer ordered Electric Focus.

Quote:
David,

I am under the impression that there have not been any units that have made their way to customers yet.

Angela Trettenero
Customer Service Manager
Atretten@ford.com
Old 05-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

In regard to the above emails from Ford Customer Support. I ordered my auto on 11/29/11, I was told on Feb 1st I had a VIN number and in mid March that my delivery would would be the week of 4/9/2012. The build date on the VIN is 3/12/2012. I was told on 5/1/2012 the vehicle was "stop shipped" for "inspection". It is now 5/8/2012.

I am totally reading between lines here but, this car has been built for 2 full months, there has to be some kind of problem. No idea what it is, but, they must be trying to correct something and I have no idea how long that will take.

To those of you who may have more experience on this please give me some feedback. I have never ordered a car from the factory, is this common for a new car delivery? Originally my dealer told me 4 months delivery time and we are now into the 6th month.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage

Be patient. I have gut feeling that something is going to happen this month. We will get an answer to why the delay or customer will begin getting their cars. Actually it’s still spring and the cars are not late at this time. If no deliveries are made before end of this month then they would be late. This is according to Fords release time schedule. I don’t think Ford will release the names of dealers in states 1B launch area until deliveries are made in launch area 1A first.