CMAX at the @2012 Washington DC Auto Show - Page 2 - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default C-Max Energi trunk (doctored photo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged Up View Post
... I snapped this photo of the "cargo" area from the rear seat. The back seats when lowered are even with the height of the cargo area and thus form a sizeable area for your cargo carrying needs.

... It is difficult to see, but in this picture the driver's side rear seat is folded down, and is even with the height of the cargo floor, on the left you can see the passenger rear seat and you will note that the floor level of the cargo area is about half way up the back of that seat.

... I think Ford realizes this will be an issue for some people, which is why there are not too many pics of the cargo area offered on their site or elsewhere.
Thanks, Charged Up, for snapping this picture. I have been trying to visualize what the C-Max Energi will look like with the hatch open -- as you noted, Ford has been slow to post that particular view.

I hacked a photo from CNET, to mock up an Energi with the hatch up. You can see it at http://www.plugincars.com/c-max-ener...ted-photo.html
Rprobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Default C-Max test drive

Well, I got to test drive a Ford C-Max (hybrid version) earlier today and came away fairly impressed. This dealer had 7 in stock, mostly SE's but drove a fully loaded white SEL with the pano roof, etc. Even with the sunroof tons of head room (but of course it doesn't open so perhaps that's why), 5 level heated seats, auto wipers, etc., etc. Car was very quiet, much more so than a Prius V I had driven back a few months. Driver's seat has very good cushioning and feels like it would be great on long trips. Very solid and HEAVY doors (they added a lot of insulation) that feel quite solid. Very easy to spin the front tires as this thing wants to get up and go. The Ford voice controls seem to be working fine (at least for basic commands) and even though you could see a fair amount of hard plastic, the car seemed very well built. Lot's of hidden storage areas, the one in the back 'bump' shelf I knew about but those under the floor areas behind the front seats (like Dodge Caravans) was a surprise. As I had mentioned earlier the C-Max is small on the outside (actually a few inches shorter than the Focus) but is actually quite roomy inside - the back hatch with the seats folded looked like it could handle most of the 'stuff' we carry home in all but the most extreme conditions (still struggle a bit if we can give up the minivan it would need to replace). Also have to question the actual MPG rating as it showed a 33.5 MPG average while I took the test drive ... others before me could have been lead foots. Lastly, I asked when the Energi version was coming and the sales rep was told January as others have mentioned but would call me if they came in sooner. Overall, I think Ford has a great car and as gas prices continue to go crazy this thing should sell pretty well ... With the Fed Tax Credit on the plug-in it would be crazy not to see if you could live with the loss of storage as well as longer range
redEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #13 (permalink)

Default C-Max Ford Partner X-pricing

I did some checking into the availability of X-pricing on both the C-Max Hybrid and Energi and while I thought the Energi would not be included (as the FFE wasn't) it shows up now -- of course the $1,000 incentive isn't offered (yet) on the Energi but is on the Hybrid so a Hybrid SE base would net out at $23,103 (MSRP of $25,200, X-Plan at $24,103 and the $1,000 cash rebate); the C-Max Hybrid SEL base would net out at $25,935 (MSRP $28,200, X-Plan at $26,935 and the $1,000 cash rebate) and a base Energi would net out at $27,667 (MSRP of $32,950, X-Plan at $31,417 and Fed Tax Credit of $3,750) this doesn't include taxes, license fees, etc. but in states with high doc fees (over $100) it looks like Ford rebates the difference back to the dealer so would save a few bucks there as well. So this puts the difference at only $732 !! between the Hybrid SEL and the similarly equipped Energi !! Of course you need to check what equipment would be different between the Hybrid SEL and the Energi (most have said that the equipment level is quite similar, that's part of the reason why the Energi starts at where it is) but such a small difference makes me lean more towards getting an Energi for zero gas short commutes during the week. Here is a link to those companies that partner with Ford (I retired from one years ago and looks like retirees are eligible as well):

http://bigval.addr.com/commercial/x_plan.htm
redEV is offline   Reply With Quote