Production Start? - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Production Start?

Has anybody heard anything about production start and first delivery besides "before the end of 2011"? That of course, is in just three weeks and 2 days.
leemell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 01:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Production Start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemell
.....That of course, is in just three weeks and 2 days.
But who's counting?
San_Carlos_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

They will not start producing until they get a certain number of orders (???). I have ordered mine and they told me to expect delivery in the late Spring. (March, April, May ???) The website says delivery will be in March, but I am I'll wait and see. The dealer told me he would keep me posted with updates. I'll pass them along.....
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1
They will not start producing until they get a certain number of orders (???). I have ordered mine and they told me to expect delivery in the late Spring. (March, April, May ???) The website says delivery will be in March, but I am I'll wait and see. The dealer told me he would keep me posted with updates. I'll pass them along.....

actually supposedly production has already started and fleet deliveries have happened.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged Up
actually supposedly production has already started and fleet deliveries have happened.
Link ?

I don't think deliveries will go un-reported in the media (or on Ford media site).
Old 12-12-2011, 02:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Production can start without deliveries. Ford frequently starts production of vehicles at least a month ahead of time to build up enough inventory (and to work out the bugs) prior to shipping.

They should be delivering within the next few weeks to at least someone, though, if they are to make good on the "Late 2011 delivery" claim!

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
**Reservations can only be made with a Certified EV dealer from the list of participating dealers. Extended delivery time is anticipated and cannot be guaranteed for any reservation.
Above is the official quote posted as a footnote on the official lauch information site - http://www.ford.com/electric/focuselect ... ervations/
This site went up in early November. There is no way a, consumer ordered, Electric Focus will be delivered in 2011. I was told by one dealer March 1st. I was told by the dealer I ordered from to expect late spring. Both were guessing.
I have asked Ford corporate to put up a blog or forum for new owners similar to the mynissanleaf.com site. Even if they had a Ford social media person scanning this forum and occasionally posting information, it would keep us all up to date. Do you think there is a chance of that???? Ford has been very quite about this launch.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1
Quote:
There is no way a, consumer ordered, Electric Focus will be delivered in 2011. I was told by one dealer March 1st. I was told by the dealer I ordered from to expect late spring. Both were guessing.
I have asked Ford corporate to put up a blog or forum for new owners similar to the mynissanleaf.com site. Even if they had a Ford social media person scanning this forum and occasionally posting information, it would keep us all up to date. Do you think there is a chance of that???? Ford has been very quite about this launch.

Right, Ford has stated that initial deliveries in 2011 will be for fleet sales.

Ford does seem to be flying under the radar with their electrified vehicles so far.

Perhaps they have seen how GM being loud and proud with the Volt has made them a target for those would like to see EVs fail.

Or perhaps they want to keep expectations low so that they can exceed them.

DOE projections for EV sales does not put Ford anywhere in the neighborhood of what GM and Nissan are shooting for, but again the situation is dynamic and that may just be Ford trying to manage expectations.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

I was told by one sales person that their dealership had ordered 25 cars for fleet sales. It was early in my search and I didn't know if he knew what he was talking about, but maybeeee..

You would think that if they are delivered soon we would hear about them.... Wouldn't there be a little hoopla about the first Focus in the market... Yes? No?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

Where the heck is the location of this forum? The time zone is for Switzerland and south...