So who ordered one? - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 04:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default So who ordered one?

Didn't see anyone who really jumped up and say "I've placed my order!" like we've seen over on the LEAF forum ... realize that it's only been a few days but Ford has been building up to this point for quite a long time. of course it's only in limited markets but who has placed a new order for a new 2012 Ford Focus EV !!
redEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2011, 05:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: So who ordered one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redEV
Didn't see anyone who really jumped up and say "I've placed my order!" like we've seen over on the LEAF forum ... realize that it's only been a few days but Ford has been building up to this point for quite a long time. of course it's only in limited markets but who has placed a new order for a new 2012 Ford Focus EV !!

Yeah, not in my market yet. I filled out the form waiting to hear from the dealer, although now that it appears the CMAX might get here about the same time as the Focus, I'm starting to lean that way.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged Up
Yeah, not in my market yet. I filled out the form waiting to hear from the dealer, although now that it appears the CMAX might get here about the same time as the Focus, I'm starting to lean that way.
I hope Energi doesn't get the same treatment as FFE (in terms of staggered launch or being too expensive).

Earlier I was predicting Energi would be priced the same as FFE - hopefully that is still true.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

On the C-Max same here ... although I can wait until about August of next year as that's when the 3 year warranty on my minivan (an '09 VW Routan) expires. If the C-Max Energi comes in at around $40K that was about the full list for my SEL VW (of course had a heavy discount as well as a cash for clunkers trade-in applied) -- not sure which would be Ford's 'volume' EV seller if they were priced the same? If they were, the C-Max would probably be thought of as somewhat of a bargain as it has much more room and more utility than a simple (but well styled) hatchback.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redEV
If they were, the C-Max would probably be thought of as somewhat of a bargain as it has much more room and more utility than a simple (but well styled) hatchback.
It all depends on whether Ford really wants to compete. Obviously Ford has decided not to comepete head on with leaf, with this pricing decision. So, when they price Energi - and compare to Volt, which will likely have longer EV range vs larger room in Energi - we will know whether Ford is serious about comepeting.

If Ford prices Energi at $45K, I wonder whether even we would buy it.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

I haven't because:
1) Not in my market yet either, even though the plant is about 3 miles away from me and my Dealer is right across the street from the plant, and
2) Don't know if I can get A-plan pricing on it
3) Don't know if you can lease one.

So still in a holding pattern here.

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmueller065
I haven't because:
1) Not in my market yet either, even though the plant is about 3 miles away from me and my Dealer is right across the street from the plant, and
2) Don't know if I can get A-plan pricing on it
3) Don't know if you can lease one.

So still in a holding pattern here.
Those are the exact same concerns I have.

1) Detroit was supposed to be among the first areas, not any more.
2) A-Plan will be nice, but I don't think it was available initially for the hybrids.
3) I can probably get by with a lease, but buying is not an option due to me not owing $7500/year in taxes. It will be nice, however, to deduct the standard gas-based IRS mileage deduction while driving a super cheap electric.
focus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

No longer in a holding pattern: picked up my ICE Focus. Will re-contemplate the FFE at the end of my lease.

The good news is that even the ICE Focus is really stingy on fuel: 42mpg on my first commute in to work.

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

The ICE Focus is always an option to be considered ... even the hybrid I was looking at (Lexus CT200h) as a possible alternative to the LEAF gets comparable 'gas' mileage but the ICE Focus costs much less.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm ordering one today. I've been assured a lease will be available and the dealer will agree to refund my deposit if I cannot lease the car. I'm in Seattle and they're telling me delivery will probably be around April 2012.

Frosted glass and leather trim.
Dubaruba is offline   Reply With Quote