So who ordered one? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

GKalkas - Good luck!!!! Tune in for some fun. The car is great. Big learning curve on some things so stay in touch.
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1 View Post
GKalkas - Good luck!!!! Tune in for some fun. The car is great. Big learning curve on some things so stay in touch.
dwf1, Yes, the test drive was really fun-great! Wife loved the ride as well. I was concentrating on the ride, acceleration... but I don't think I can operate the radio The salesman gave us a demo, but I don't remember how to turn it on at this point.

September went buy in a flash, but I'm afraid Oct. and Nov. will be a bit slower in coming... yes, I'll definitely stay tuned to this site.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

Default Almost here - Seattle

So, still waiting for my FFE here in Seattle almost a year after I placed my deposit. Ford had it scheduled to deliver to the dealer on Sept 28, but it did not arrive. Now the system has it as "in transit". Dealer and regional manager are attempting to pinpoint location and expedite delivery.

Charger installation procedure with Geek Squad and Mr. Electric is messed up. Best Buy has no idea what customer service is, and who still scheduled appointments for anytime between 9 and noon other than the cable company. Besides, as an early adopter why should I be forced to spend $100 for a useless walkthrough when I already know I have adequate electrical capacity and know EXACTLY where the charger is gonna go?

In any case, I did the stupid walkthrough, then Mr. Electric came to do their own walkthrough and give a bid. Now they are scheduled to return next Tuesday to install the charger.

Hopefully by then I'll have the car. Dealer says it could be any day.

Took a test drive on the demo model last week, and it was great. Everything I expected, except the cargo space was even smaller than I expected, and it seems they removed the hard drive option from the stereo system that is in the regular Focus.

Oh well, can't wait to get it. But for now still impatiently waiting.
Dubaruba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
and it seems they removed the hard drive option from the stereo system that is in the regular Focus
What hard drive option? I've never seen that listed as an option in any model Focus.
The options that say "HD Radio" is "Hi-Def" radio--NOT a Hard Drive.

All Focuses with My Ford Touch (including FFE) have two USB connections to which you can connect media players (iPods, iPhones, etc.) and/or large flash drives containing music. In addition they have standard RCA jacks for an input.

There is also an SD card slot, but that is used by the navigation system to hold the maps.

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmueller065 View Post
What hard drive option? I've never seen that listed as an option in any model Focus.
The options that say "HD Radio" is "Hi-Def" radio--NOT a Hard Drive.

All Focuses with My Ford Touch (including FFE) have two USB connections to which you can connect media players (iPods, iPhones, etc.) and/or large flash drives containing music. In addition they have standard RCA jacks for an input.

There is also an SD card slot, but that is used by the navigation system to hold the maps.
The dealer told me that the regular Focus has a 10GB hard drive that you can upload music onto. Perhaps he doesn't know what he's talking about, but he was looking for it in the demo EV.

My new estimated delivery date is 10/18 and my charger is being installed by Mr. Electric on Tuesday!
Dubaruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #26 (permalink)

I bought mine 2 weeks ago in Columbia, MD. I was on vacation last week, and checked on my battery every day I was gone (no change). I just finished my 500th mile and I love this car!

I got Ice Storm, and tinted the windows.

-don
dmann000 is offline   Reply With Quote