Is The Pricing Right on the Focus EV? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: Is The Pricing Right on the Focus EV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evnow
Ford could have gone the web ordering process to increase dealer competition. You don't charge more because otherwise dealers will, if you are a serious player in the market.
Actually, it is not clear to me that Ford or GM could have gone the online ordering route. Dealership contracts for the domestic makers are much more restrictive on the automaker than are foreign agreements.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged Up
Actually, it is not clear to me that Ford or GM could have gone the online ordering route. Dealership contracts for the domestic makers are much more restrictive on the automaker than are foreign agreements.
I'm sure they could have - afterall the ordering of Leaf is still through dealerships. Dealers set the price - Nissan just made it easier for us to dealer-shop. The "allocation" is to the customer instead of the dealer.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged Up
I'm sure they could have - afterall the ordering of Leaf is still through dealerships. Dealers set the price - Nissan just made it easier for us to dealer-shop. The "allocation" is to the customer instead of the dealer.

Actually your prove my point. The allocation is to the customer with the Leaf. If I don't like the dealers MSRP, I can take my allocation and go elsewhere. Domestic automakers can't do this. Legally they are obligated to offer allocation to the dealer only. OEMs have tried to change this, but we do have the finest Congress that money can buy, and the dealers have been successful at keeping this.

But really it is not a big deal. Yes dealers will try to play you for more money. Just get on the phone and work it. Much harder to game you if you are not sitting captive in the dealership.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote