Problem Discussion Thread - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Problem Discussion Thread

Didn't see a thread to discuss problems/Issues with an FFE so I started this one to discuss my issue.
jayco59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Car dies while driving

So I'm in the parking lot @ work parking the car and I get a message something like.. "Pull the car over to the side of the road, and see your owners manual". By the time I read the message the car would not respond to any throttle movement. I was able to get the car back running again by getting out of the car, closing the door and immediately get back in the car and restarting it. I had an appointment at the deal for an unrelated recall the next day and mentioned this to him. They did find a code that said if it happens again replace a part (I don't recall what the dealer said the part was). If it didn't happen again it was considered a "Glitch"!
Anyway, a few days later, driving down the road a similar message and again the car no longer will drive, it's not dead (radio and other electronics were working) but it's not going anywhere. So I do the same "reboot" procedure and get the car running again. This time I drive it right to the same dealer service and they gave me a loaner. They've confirmed the error message and they are contacting Ford Engineering to confirm the replacement of the PCM I think is what he called it. I'll get a clarification on the part. But they have to order the part and I'm driving around in the Ford Fusion. Nice car! But the dam thing burns gas, I hate it!!
Anyone else have an issue like this or other problems they would like to share?
Thx,
Jay
jayco59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

You may want to look here:
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum...php?f=15&t=900

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote