class action law suit - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default class action law suit

If i dont get the range that i see in the brochure,i will be suing ford for lying about range. I am getting between 49 km and 80 km with climate on. Thats not good enough.
I think a class action law suit in the millions is the only solution. Also the port door is a bad,cant open in cold weather. I broke it trying to open it when t was cold. The only way to open it is on the outside manualy.
organicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

The major reason for the poor range is because the defrosters draw over 5 Kwh. This is major drain on the battery. Plus cold weather can reduce battery capacity by 10 to 15%. It sounds like you are storing your car outdoors, were it subject colder temperatures. If you would garage your car, and plug it in every night, this would help keep the battery pack warm. If you could also precondition the cabin while vehicle is plugged in will help increase range. You could also try not driving above posted speeds.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Its not only weather, but road conditions play a major part of milage. (the smoother the roads the better milage youll get. Im in Vegas which has newer roads that are smooth, but another FFE owner in PA where the roads are rougher is getting way worse milage then I am, but we are wasting the same energy per drive). So you have to take into account the roads, the altitude, the temps, etc. Right now as you can see, with temps in Vegas of 75-80 degrees im getting well above the milage Ford states as an average.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4...30313at123.jpg
vivavegas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

You can check out the WHr/mile rankings by region on MyFordMobile:

https://bev.myfordmobile.com/content...rankings.faces

See where you compare, and learn the quirks of the car. Defrosters are a definite killer. Seat heaters, not so much.
JoshRoman is offline   Reply With Quote