My Ford Mobile Updates & Connectivity - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My Ford Mobile Updates & Connectivity

So I went 9 days without connecting. I called tech 2x put on hold and never got a tech person. Finally emailed customer service and received a reply in 1 day. The gist is you have to do a master reset on the car which clears you out of my ford mobile. Following are the directions sent in an email to me.

In you car,
1. Select the gear icon button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select SETTINGS
3. Select SYSTEM
4. Scroll down and then accept MASTER RESET and accept both warnings.
5. Once you do the Master Reset you will need to reenter your car in My Ford Mobile.

They do not tell you to take out the navigation SD card, but remember to do that. They also don't tell you to that Internet Explorer will not allow you to reenter your car information, you need to use the Mozilla FireFox browser.

After doing the above I was immediately reconnected to My Ford Mobile. You do not change your user name, emaiL address or password and you do not loose your travel information in My Ford Mobile.
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

Hey I had the same thing happen to me. On the 9th of December My Ford Mobile quit updating. This is also when I noticed the clock had the wrong time, and it needed to be reset. On the 24th I did the master reset since the system would not correct it’s self. This did seem to correct all the problems with My Ford Mobile not communicating. I didn’t eject the navigation SD card when I did the system reset. Will this cause any problems? The SD card is Read Only Memory, and can’t be altered by the system. I'm wondering if Ford can do some software updates remotely?

I used my cell phone to re-register my cars information, once the master reset was done. All my information that was on My Ford Mobile then came back.

Last edited by JeffAnd; 12-26-2012 at 05:41 PM.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote