Process and time for the installation of the fast charger? - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Process and time for the installation of the fast charger?

I understand from poking around this forum that Best Buy's Geek Squad comes to my house for $99 to check out the place then my data gets forwarded around until at some point wires are connected and I'm done.
Are the basic steps?
  • I buy car and drive home
  • I call Best Buy
  • They come by and do their thing
  • An electicrian calls me
  • Electrician does his work
  • I'm happy
This feels like a process I'll be enjoying a good while, especially with the holiday season. But approx how long should I be expecting?
wplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

The time it takes is the range of 2 to 3 weeks once Best Buy does the site visit.
Here is a detailed list of sequence.

1) You contact Best Buy geek squad to schedule a site assessment.
2) Best Buy does the site assessment.
3) Best Buy sends the site assessment report to Mr. Electric.
4) Mr. Electric send the site assessment report to a local electrican they are contracted to work with.
5) The local electrician contacts you with the estimated cost of the installation.
6) You then give the OK to install the system.
7) The local electrician then orders the Ford charging station from Mr. Electric.
8) The charging station is then drop shipped from Leviton distribution center to your local electrician.
9) Once receiving the charging station the electrician now can install it.
10) You pay the bill, and you are both happy.

Cost differences are due to distance the wires have to be run, and local electrical permit cost.

The cheapest installation is when the charger is located only a few feet from the circuit breaker panel.
The most expensive installation would be an unattached garage that is some distance away from the circuit breaker panel in the house.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. If I go this route I'll reply with the results.
wplate is offline   Reply With Quote