VIN number issued Chicago - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default VIN number issued Chicago

Thatís right I found out today the Focus electric I ordered has had a VIN number issued. The Chicago area dealership is a phase 1B certified Ford electric vehicle dealership. The vehicle is scheduled to be made on August 27. Delivery should take place sometime in first half of September.
Now this date could change. This could be caused by parts being delivered late by vendors, or low volume demand for the electric version of the Focus. A last minute design change could cause a delay in production.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Smile

Congrats, JeffAnd Bet you can't wait!!!

What did you order on the car? ...color, seats, mats...
Old 07-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Color is Ingot Silver. The car has the standard cloth seats.
I order the car back on March 5th, about 18 weeks ago. Yes, in about 60 days I should have the car. This will have been a long wait. It will be just over half year.
The trip home from the dealership is about 95 miles. This is beyond the driving distance of vehicle at freeway speeds. Fortunately there is a couple of charge point charging stations at the half way point along the rough. But if I keep the car off the freeway drive at about 40 to 45 MPH, I should be able to make it on a single charge.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

JeffAnd,

Well, you're still ahead of me. So, is the 2 more months because you special ordered? Do you know when they will have cars on the lot for sale?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

I would guess at the very end of August, but more likely the beginning of September that the phases 1B dealerships will start getting cars. Now most dealers may be only getting a demonstrator not maintain inventory.
Take for an example the 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 this is a $60,000 car, you will not find a dealership with more than 6 of these cars on the lot. More like 1 or 2 GT500 on the lot. This car has a limited customer base, like the FFE.

Side note: The 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 has had the 150 MPH speed limiter removed. Top speed of the car is 200 MPH. This is the fastest production Mustang ever produced by Ford!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAnd View Post
I would guess at the very end of August, but more likely the beginning of September that the phases 1B dealerships will start getting cars. Now most dealers may be only getting a demonstrator not maintain inventory.
Take for an example the 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 this is a $60,000 car, you will not find a dealership with more than 6 of these cars on the lot. More like 1 or 2 GT500 on the lot. This car has a limited customer base, like the FFE.

Side note: The 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 has had the 150 MPH speed limiter removed. Top speed of the car is 200 MPH. This is the fastest production Mustang ever produced by Ford!
Where is the "like" button? I love Mustangs.
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAnd View Post
But if I keep the car off the freeway drive at about 40 to 45 MPH, I should be able to make it on a single charge.
JeffAnd - Oddly enough freeway driving is very friendly. in my 2600 miles, my best battery usage has been on I-95. I drove from NJ to RI for my drive home from the dealer. 186 miles. I was very new car so I didn't really know what I was doing but I made it in 1 full charge and 1 short chare. We had two people in the car and a set of luggage. Last week I drove 85 miles on I-95 and had 9 miles left in the battery. I drive 60 mph, ac on, and get remarkablely good mileage. The only stipulation I will make is that I live on the coast so there are very few hills.

You will be fine at 95 miles with one short charge. You can stop in at any Nissan dealer and use their EVSE.

Good luck
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote