Battery Replacement Cost - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Battery Replacement Cost

Another cool internet advantage goes to Ford!! I have discovered this site -

http://owner.ford.com

There are lots of usable links to directly deal with your auto. You become a member by using your SYNC login and your car is identified by the VIN number. So I went to parts. I want a new battery. (Not really, but what if I did?) and sure enough the BEV is listed part # 10B759 and the cost is $10,508.38

I finally know the answer to this big replacement part cost which everyone predicts is going to wear out.

You can also purchase an extended warranty. My dealer, service manager, doesn't even know how to do this. I had asked him for a quote on extended warranty and he could not get me a price. Well on the site the premium warranty covers everything and goes to 125,000 miles or 7 years and costs $2,565.00. You can actually purchase it on the internet in cash or 10% down with a 17 month payment.

Speaking of extended warranty. What do you suggest? Would you want an extended warranty on your FFE?????
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Great job dwf, What is the standard warranty, at least regarding the battery, 100,000 miles or 8 years?

The Premium wouldn't seem worth it if it was primarily longer battery coverage, but apparently it is more comprehensive and covers most everything? In addition to the battery there are many other new major components with no track record; heating cooling, DC - DC converter, AC - DC, DC - AC, powerful high RPM electric motor. These are not new concepts but these specific parts and components are new with no reliability track record ( RAM data ). There is some risk buying this car, this year, but Ford certainly will strive to retain a record of high reliability and customer satisfaction.

In other words, "Don't ask me!"
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yikes ten grand? The Volt battery lists for a little over 3 grand. The Ford battery is only bigger by a 1/3. Hopefully it will come down by the time someone actually needs one.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

An 05 Prius has a 201.6-volt, 1.3-kwh NiMH battery. Replacement cost is somewhere between $1800, and $2600. Test over 8 years show some degradation, though acceleration and regen testing shows only small changes. (possibly because only about 20% of the battery is available.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

The battery pack in the FFE is made up of two battery packs. One goes were the gas tank would of been installed. The second one goes behind the rear seat. Is this price for one of the battery packs or both? Can individual cells or groups of cells in the battery pack be replaced? This can be done Nissan Leaf. The Chevy volt has 288 cells and individual cells can only be replaced at the factory.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAnd View Post
The battery pack in the FFE is made up of two battery packs. One goes were the gas tank would of been installed. The second one goes behind the rear seat. Is this price for one of the battery packs or both? Can individual cells or groups of cells in the battery pack be replaced? This can be done Nissan Leaf. The Chevy volt has 288 cells and individual cells can only be replaced at the factory.

Nissan says they can replace a battery down to the cell. But their warranty is very good and with 75,000 LEAF vehicles on the road world wide they haven't seen a single cell go bad. So far in the HEAT they have has some entire battery packs degrade faster than expected. So they have improved the warranty and even just developed a new HEAT tolerance battery coming out in April 2014. Until then they will give you a new pack now if you have lost 4 bars (30% ) capacity.

FORD says the same for being able to replace down to the cell if needed. But for has liquid cooling so the battery pack may last 16-20 years. By then I'd want the new lower cost more range battery anyway so it's not a big problem.

So do you want to invest in USA technology or imported OIL and pollution? I'll invest in the USA ! LED
jstack6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

FYI My battery pack is still at full capacity after 3 HOT summers in the Phoenix AZ area and over 20K miles. I think it WILL last almost forever.
jstack6 is offline   Reply With Quote