Electric Car Road Rage - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Electric Car Road Rage

This is what road rage looks like in the electric car age: I’m sitting at a cafe Saturday night waiting for my Ford Focus Electric to charge at a downtown Berkeley parking garage when the car sends me a text: “Tuxedo Black CA 3801 had an accidental unplug while charging.”
Accidental my ass.
I walk back to the garage and find the parking lot’s sole electric car charger missing from the Focus, which I’ve been driving for the past week for an upcoming story, and now plugged into a Coda Automotive sedan. I was down to 12 miles on the Focus’ lithium-ion battery pack and had been only charging for 45 minutes when this guy cut me off in the parking lot – judging by the dry-cleaned dress shirts hanging in the car it’s a guy.
Had the Focus not texted my iPhone, I would have returned hours later after meeting friends for drinks to find the car virtually uncharged, leaving me stranded with the garage about to close.
After a few choice expletive deleteds, I unplug the Coda and and resume charging the Focus and then take a closer look at the black sedan that’s just hit the market. The car, made in China with final assembly in California, sports manufacturer license plates and is a rolling billboard for the Los Angeles startup. “This is Coda” and ” codasilconvalley.com” is emblazoned on the rear window while the bumper declares, “ 100% Electric.” Apparently this is a dealer’s demo car.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddwood...car-road-rage/
phc_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

I posted a question along these lines a couple of weeks ago. What happens in this circumstance? Will you have to reserve for one hour segments? What happens when tempers flare and pilfering begins? Will we have to make sure someone stands by the car for the entire time it's charging? Good job by the Ford App though, good to know!
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote