My New Ford Focus Electric - Page 3 - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: My New Ford Focus Electric

I saw another one driving down the road today. This one was the standard Ice Blue in color (the color they have been using to show it off on the main Ford website). It was in the opposite lane of traffic (driving towards me) and thus I recognized the grille right away.

I suspect that it was an M-Plate vehicle as we were close to Dearborn and the driver was holding their cell-phone up to their ear (any owner would have his/her phone paired to the vehicle and be using Sync the engineers avoid this so they don't have to delete the phone later especially on a production vehicle).

That makes two of them that I've seen on the roads around Dearborn and the factory.

I have a question for those of you who picked up your FFE's already: How many miles were on them when you picked them up (that should be on the paperwork somewhere)? Anything more than about 5 miles would indicate it was driven around for some reason or other...

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a question for those of you who picked up your FFE's already: How many miles were on them when you picked them up (that should be on the paperwork somewhere)? Anything more than about 5 miles would indicate it was driven around for some reason or other..
My car had 55 miles. I did sign a paper which identified 44 miles put on at the factory and 11 miles put on by the dealer and transportation.
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

Are you registered on My Ford Mobile? It wants to talk on the internet to update that site and get instructions.

There is a built-in cellular connection in the car when it cannot get WiFi access.

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

This is great discussion, thanks.

When I charge deep cycle batteries at work for emergency backup power at telecom sites, the initial charge to completion will take it over its normal resting state initially, then it will "settle down" to its expected resting, fully charged state. For instance when first taken off a complete recharge it may register as 13.8 vdc, and over the next hour it will slowly drop down to about 12.8 vdc where it will remain while on a shelf for weeks or a couple of months with little change.

I have no idea if this is relevant to what you're seeing but I think so. I'm certain it's nothing to be alarmed about, unless a fully charged battery dropped its range dramatically to half of what is expected everytime its taken off the charge. Obviously I'm shooting in the dark here, never having even seen a FFE in person.
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmueller065 View Post
Are you registered on My Ford Mobile? It wants to talk on the internet to update that site and get instructions.

There is a built-in cellular connection in the car when it cannot get WiFi access.
For clarification, MyFord Mobile does not currently use on-board WiFi, it is strictly using the on-board cellular modem. No need to install WiFi.

--Joe
MyFord Mobile Product Manager
Ford Motor Company
jrork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

[QUOTE=dwf1;1600]The good news is there are several helpful website like:
SYNC http://syncmyride.com/own/MFTSite/Mf...ooseBrand.aspx
My Ford mobile https://myfordmobile.com/content/cou...in/login.faces

I have found great customer service by calling Ford Customer Support at 800 392-3673. QUOTE]

Here is another useful link to videos that explain Budget View and all other cluster gauges on the fordowner.com website:
https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerVideoPage&year=2012&make=Ford&model=Focus%20E lectric

Jane
Jane S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

Corrected link:
https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...cus%20Electric
Jane S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrork View Post
For clarification, MyFord Mobile does not currently use on-board WiFi, it is strictly using the on-board cellular modem. No need to install WiFi.

--Joe
Ford Motor Company
Thanks Joe, that's interesting. That's exactly the question I was asking here a few weeks ago. Some places in Virginia outside the major cities ATTs footprint is not very good, making me wonder if one would not be able to use the mobile app because the car did not have internet connection. Some people thought that as long as it could connect through your own wi-fi it would be available. Your response indicates it would not. I presume you could still do programming or charge settings from a panel in the car or something. Thanks, Bill. (looking forward to my Michigan Assembly Plant product this fall, whenever they get here.)
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrork View Post

--Joe
Ford Motor Company

OK, so what are the intended uses of wifi in the car?

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote