Focus Electric On Order in Richmond VA - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Focus Electric On Order in Richmond VA

[attachment=0:eepcf8p4]2013_Ford_Focus_Elec_Purchase_Agreement_Resize.JPG[/attachment:eepcf8p4]

It is official. I ponied up my deposit yesterday, with Richmond Ford. Jason Tucker has been great to deal with there.

And yes, that is a copy of the “Purchase Agreement” I signed with them. I tried to use the Van Bortel Ford numbers to negotiate them down. If I had stuck to my guns and waited them out I think perhaps I could have worked out a little more reduction, but let’s face it they had me over a barrel. Allocation is super limited at this point and I didn’t want to wait till the next round of allocations. The Volt we bought in January 2011 instead of slaking my EV thirst has only deepened it. My wife is thrilled let me tell you. Not! I remain optimistic that the Focus Electric will win her over just as the Volt has done.

In the end we settled on $499 off MSRP. Although they took back some on a “dealer processing” fee that I would say is about $100 higher than standard. I opted for the Blue Candy Paint which adds $495 to the cost.

According to the dealership, projected delivery is October. Projected availability of a VIN number is September. They and I suspect that these a conservative projections which Ford hopes to easily beat.

I look forward to hearing tales of how others fair on their negotiations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013_Ford_Focus_Elec_Purchase_Agreement_Resize.JPG (122.6 KB, 251 views)
Marc Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Focus Electric On Order in Richmond VA

Congrats Marc Lee, You and I are the only "known" early adoptors of the FFEV. I ordered mine in late November 2011 and was told early April for delivery. Monday is 4/2/2012 and I have not heard a thing. You can bet I will be calling early Monday morning.... I hope your dealer is better at communication then mine has been. And, I hope you enjoy the vehicle. Keep up the posts and keep us in the information loop.
If anyone else has ordered, please post and let us know....
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1
Keep up the posts and keep us in the information loop.
If anyone else has ordered, please post and let us know....
Congrats to both of you I was beginning to think that Ford was changing it's mind about selling the FFE to real people. Yes, please keep us informed!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

That is funny, or interesting. I talked to Sheehy Ford a few weeks ago and "internet sales" didn't know anything about ordering the FFE, but said that Ford had been around and installed a charging station. One of the guys said he would take my name and information and call me when they were allowed to start taking orders. Maybe I should call them again! If you went to Richmond Ford I think that's on Broad Street? Sheehy on Midlothian is whom I talked to.
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsblots
That is funny, or interesting. I talked to Sheehy Ford a few weeks ago and "internet sales" didn't know anything about ordering the FFE, but said that Ford had been around and installed a charging station. One of the guys said he would take my name and information and call me when they were allowed to start taking orders. Maybe I should call them again! If you went to Richmond Ford I think that's on Broad Street? Sheehy on Midlothian is whom I talked to.
Hmm sounds like Sheehy is not certified to sell the FFE just yet. Jason Tucker is who I have been talking with a Richmond Ford, he has been excellent to deal with.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged Up
Hmm sounds like Sheehy is not certified to sell the FFE just yet. Jason Tucker is who I have been talking with a Richmond Ford, he has been excellent to deal with.
I larely committed myself to purchase what looks to be the second FFE into Richmond. Jason wrote up the order as in the above graphic. I'm supposed to go back in tomorrow and leave them a deposit check.

I'm already fluctuating rapidly between excited and raging Buyer's Remorse.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsblots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged Up
I larely committed myself to purchase what looks to be the second FFE into Richmond. Jason wrote up the order as in the above graphic. I'm supposed to go back in tomorrow and leave them a deposit check.

I'm already fluctuating rapidly between excited and raging Buyer's Remorse.
Why the remorse?

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

I gave them a check today.

One should second guess any $40000 purchase