On Order!!!! - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default On Order!!!!

Very curious about who has ordered.. I have a signed order form 11/28/2011 with Ford order #0001. ( I do not know if that means it is the first Focus EV ordered from Ford or the first from my particular dealer.) Ordered from Schultz Ford in Nanuet, NY. Paid MSRP. White Platinum Metalic with Leather interior.

Have you order yet?? What did you pay for it? Did the dealer know what they were doing? What color? What did they tell you about delivery? (Mine was clueless about delivery.)
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: On Order!!!!

"I have a signed order form 11/28/2011 with Ford order #0001. ( I do not know if that means it is the first Focus EV ordered from Ford or the first from my particular dealer.)"

dwf1, Congrads! When did they say your car would be ready?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

They were very vague. The website says March, the dealer says they don't really know, but I expect late Spring. I'll post any updates, I will be calm until the end of February, if I don't hear anything, I'll start squeaking the wheel.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

I ordered my FFE on Saturday (12/17/11) at VanBortel Ford in Victor, NY. According to them, mine was the 3rd order they taken and its the only dealership in western NY that can take orders. They didn't require a deposit. The MSRP for my car was $40990 (39,200 base +795 freight + $995 leather seats). VanBortel's price was $39,100 (37439 + 795+ 866). According to them, the first 1 or 2 they get will be dealership demo models. Mine will get here sometime in the first half of next year - I'm guessing sometime in May. By the way, VanBortel's price is published - you don't negotiate it. Maybe some people with good negotiating skills can do better, but I think most dealers are charging MSRP or higher for this car. I know that when I ordered my Escape Hybrid at VanBortel, they told me that they sell to people all around the country because they discount vehicles on which some dealers charge a premium over MSRP. New York has a bill pending in the state legislature to exemp EVs from sales tax. If it passed by I get mine, it will save me $2932.50 (7.5%), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
ranss12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

I ordered my FFE on Saturday (12/17/11) at VanBortel Ford in Victor, NY.

Congrats! Stick on the site. Hopefully, we will build a network of owners that share experiences. I have also ordered and so far its just you and me, on this site, to have writen that a car is ordered. Good luck. dwf1
Old 12-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranss12
I ordered my FFE on Saturday (12/17/11) at VanBortel Ford in Victor, NY. According to them, mine was the 3rd order they taken and its the only dealership in western NY that can take orders. They didn't require a deposit. The MSRP for my car was $40990 (39,200 base +795 freight + $995 leather seats). VanBortel's price was $39,100 (37439 + 795+ 866). According to them, the first 1 or 2 they get will be dealership demo models. Mine will get here sometime in the first half of next year - I'm guessing sometime in May. By the way, VanBortel's price is published - you don't negotiate it. Maybe some people with good negotiating skills can do better, but I think most dealers are charging MSRP or higher for this car. I know that when I ordered my Escape Hybrid at VanBortel, they told me that they sell to people all around the country because they discount vehicles on which some dealers charge a premium over MSRP. New York has a bill pending in the state legislature to exemp EVs from sales tax. If it passed by I get mine, it will save me $2932.50 (7.5%), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Wait... they sold you the car for $1890 below MSRP?

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yes, my signed purchase order is about $2000 below MSRP. The confusing thing is, however, I just got off of the Van Bortel Ford website where, using their "Build you own Ford" calculator, the Van Bortel price that came up was the invoice price, or about $2137 less than the price on my signed purchase order. I am going to have to make another trip to the dealership - maybe their internet price is less than the brick and mortar dealer price. Or maybe there is a problem with their calculator. The calculator came up with a price of $36,993 and that included the leather seat option.
I'd be interested in what you think. Check out the VanBortel Ford web site calculator - It's hard to believe that they're selling it at invoice!
If they are selling it at invoice, I wonder if they'll re-write my purchase order to the lower price.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranss12
Yes, my signed purchase order is about $2000 below MSRP. The confusing thing is, however, I just got off of the Van Bortel Ford website where, using their "Build you own Ford" calculator, the Van Bortel price that came up was the invoice price, or about $2137 less than the price on my signed purchase order. I am going to have to make another trip to the dealership - maybe their internet price is less than the brick and mortar dealer price. Or maybe there is a problem with their calculator. The calculator came up with a price of $36,993 and that included the leather seat option.
I'd be interested in what you think. Check out the VanBortel Ford web site calculator - It's hard to believe that they're selling it at invoice!
If they are selling it at invoice, I wonder if they'll re-write my purchase order to the lower price.

OK the site calculator shows a line called "REGIONAL DEALER ADVERTISING" and the price is listed as TBD.

Also the Van Bortel Price has an asterisk after it, which I guess means that it hinges on whatever they decide to charge for REGIONAL DEALER ADVERTISING.

Still if you have a signed purchase order I would expect they will honor that, although some dealers might play the "oh this isn't signed by the sales manager" game.

Keep us posted.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Well, I went to Van Bortel today to resolve the discrepancy between my new vehicle sales worksheet price and the Van Bortel "Build your own Ford" webpage price. The webpage price was $36,127 (base invoice) + $866 (leather seats) + $950 (estimated shipping) + $20 (Estimated gas charge ???????) for a total of $37,963 while the worksheet price was $39,100 for the same options. After talking about it with a manager there, they said they would honor the internet price, and that the "Regional Dealer Advertising" fee would be about $300. So it looks like my cost will be somewhere just over $38,000, which I think is great for an auto that has an MSRP of $41,145 with leather seats, and is less than most Nissan Leaf owners have paid for their Leaves (as far as I can tell). So I'm happy with this. They told me that Ford had accepted my order for the 2012 model year and that Van Bortel only has an allotment of 5 electric Foci this year, 3 of which they already have orders for. This surprised me (the allotment of 5) because Van Bortel is a large Ford dealership and the only one in New York west of the Hudson river that can take orders. There are only 70 dealers on the Ford website that can take electric Focus orders (21 in NY/NJ, and 49 in CA), and if each of them were only to get 5 (hypothetically speaking), that is only a total of 350 for model year 2012. It looks like Ford is really limiting the number they will be selling. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Interesting. Thanks for keeping us updated on how they are handling the order. Very interesting that they are coming in under MSRP.

I guess when you look at 19 launch cities coming online within 6 months or so, it makes sense that the allotment per dealer would be quite low. The initial allotment for the dealer where I bought the Volt was 2.