On Order!!!! - Page 5 - Ford Focus Electric Forum
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #41 (permalink)

Garage
Default Re: On Order!!!!

Quote:
Now that is a great idea JM!! Never thought of that. I am going to check my maps and find some campgrounds.

If you bring your own wall charger you will need to attach a electric range cord to it. (NEMA 14-50) This is a 50 amp 240 Volt socket. The Ford wall mount charger is rated at 30 amps and could have the cord replaced. The Ford charger has a very short cord that has NEMA 6-50P plug on the end. I would not recomend adapting in to a 30 amp circuit because the charger is rated at 30 amps. This will result in the car charging for a while then trip the breaker. The charger should never be used in a wet enviroment unless it's rated for it.
You should call the campground to verify the type of plug you will need.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1
I do appreciate hearing about the experience you gathered from the Volt. I am one of these guys who believe what people tell me. So, if you don't know, just be quite. I am quiet willing to wait. I just hate thinking something is going to happen and then be disappointed.

Wood the suspense is killing me... what's happening with your order? Have you taken delivery?

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #43 (permalink)

Chargedup will be the first to know - No car yet!!!! ??????? On Monday 4/23, I copied a post from another forum where this guy claimed he put the VIN number into the system and got all kinds of information, and I sent it to my salesman. I asked him to get me the same info... He wrote back and these were his comments -

Quote:
I went into the vehicle information screens for your VIN number
(1fahp3r40cl363456) and all it shows is the same 4/9/12 date with an
asterix which means it's an estimate. It's shows built but is obviously still
sitting in Detroit. i don't see anything in the forum site that gives me a specific
build date. If you can get any specifics from the other members please do so
however I believe they are just estimate dates such as the above. I'll see if
I can find out more.
The above VIN number has been changed. This is a public forum, however, if anyone wants to try to find out information on this vehicle, send me a private message and I will send it to you.

The reality is I do not know where the vehicle is or even when it will arrive. I am resigned to waiting. I am very excited about this car but, I have a busy life and can't let this bog me down. Without a doubt I will advise people this is a long process with very little customer support by my dealership and by Ford. When I first read the Focus order site I found a statement that said Ford is telling dealers to send the customer's email address and they will keep me, the customer, posted on the progress of the vehicle. That never happened. I had to point it out to the dealer what he was supposed to do.

In preparation:
1. I have ordered the evseupgrade.com upgrade. They are sending me a leaf evse and when I get my car I will send them my Ford evse and they will try to upgrade. If they can they will send it to me and I will exchange it for the Leaf evse and they will refund me my $800.00 deposit. If they can not I can send the leaf back and get all my money back or keep it to the tune of $1027.00. If they cannot upgrade, I will probably send the leaf back and get a 30 amp charger

2. I have wired a 40 amp 240v outlet at work with an additional 120v 20amp outlet. My home barn is fully wired with 240V 40 amp and 120V 20 amp outlets. (I run all my major tools on 240V.)

3. My Electric utility has installed a new "Smart" meter in my home. It is hooked up to the internet and this Friday a representative is going to come to my home and fill me in on how to use the system. I will definetly post after that meeting.

Other then all of the above things are good. The car will come someday. What can I say.
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2012, 03:27 AM   #44 (permalink)

Garage

The plug on the Ford wall charger is a Nema 6-50. The socket should be available at most big box home improvement stores. It doesn't use a electric range plug. The Ford charger if installed at outdoor location has to be hard wired in to meet the NEC requirment.
JeffAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #45 (permalink)

So, after proclaiming my willingness not to be obsessed with this automobile, what have I spent the night doing???? Researching how to pull up the window sticker. I had the feeling that when I tried this before, without success it was caused by either of 2 problems. One, they gave me the wrong vin number (or I wrote it down wrong) or two, the web site was not credible. So I found a new backdoor into Ford. On the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site there was the following information:

Click on the following link - Don't Worry when you see the "The VIN entered has the wrong link. VIN requested is ..."

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13353180324213

In the very top of the page in the address bar it says, ford labels.webview.biz ect..
vin=...........&ref=VL delete the dots and copy your vin # in the dots area, leave all the rest and hit search to the right of it. and walla.

Oooooh it works. I actually got my Window sticker and all the fine print I really do not understand. But I did decipher the build which was 3/19/12 just as the dealer told me. It is being shipped by rail which is why it is taking so long and I am extrapolating here but I think it might be vehicle #000357.

If you own a Ford, try it out. The site said all cars form 2007 on are maintained in this data base.
This is the actual link where I found the info. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...er-lookup.html
Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #46 (permalink)

From the window sticker -

WARRANTY
3YR/36000 BUMPER / BUMPER
5YR/60000 POWERTRAIN
5YR/60000 ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

I assume the "POWERTRAIN" means the motor, drivetrain and battery. But, I do not know. If it does, that is a pretty short warranty on the battery.

I will be calling my dealer to find out tomorrow.
Any one know what the Leaf Warranty is???
Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1
From the window sticker -

WARRANTY
3YR/36000 BUMPER / BUMPER
5YR/60000 POWERTRAIN
5YR/60000 ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

I assume the "POWERTRAIN" means the motor, drivetrain and battery. But, I do not know. If it does, that is a pretty short warranty on the battery.

I will be calling my dealer to find out tomorrow.
Any one know what the Leaf Warranty is???
Wood this is very disappointing. When asked about the warranty Ford has stated repeatedly that they would be competitive with the industry and now they come out with a 5 year/60,000 mile warranty when GM/Nissan have 8yr/100k? And still we have no details of what exactly they are guaranteeing. If there warranty is crafted like the Nissan warranty it won't matter if its 1 year or 20 because the Nissan warranty as I understand is worthless. Hopefully, they will step up to the plate and give a range performance guarantee like GM.

Could find nothing on the Ford site about this but cars.com has the same warranty info you are showing.

http://www.cars.com/ford/focus-electric/2012/warranty/
Marc Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #48 (permalink)

By the way Wood, great job on digging up that url for popping in your VIN to get more info.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #49 (permalink)

http://insideevs.com/focus-electric-bat ... -up-short/
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

Honestly I don't think that will be the official warranty. You're using an unsupported method to pull up the window sticker (its not like Ford told people to use that URL and reverse engineer their website to do it!). My guess is that the website just uses a standard window sticker template for the vehicle and just fills in the vehicle and options field(s).

Put in other vehicle VINs and see if the warranty info comes up the same--I would bet that it does.

(When I put the VINs in for my 2008 F-350, and my 2012 ICE Focus I get the same values for the warranty.)

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote