Dealers? - Ford Focus Electric Forum
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dealers?

So I'm losing my MiniE in 44 days (yes, I am counting the days down ). My wife is happy with her Leaf, but I'm willing to try something different. I *might* get the ActiveE, but I'm curious to see what options for the Focus EV there might be. I have been driving electric for 2.5 years now and previously drove CNG for many years. I can't even imagine going back to the gas pump.
I've ruled out the Mitsubishi iMiEV because its range is even less than the Leaf.

One of the best experiences about getting the Leaf was using the Leaf forum (MyNissanLeaf Forum) to discover a local dealer in Southern California (Fontana Nissan) that was automatically reducing the price by $1K off of MSRP. They were also completely on top of their game as far as prepping the buyer, salesperson, and car for delivery which made the whole process rather smooth and painless as far as car-buying experiences are concerned.

Does anyone know of a good Southern California Ford dealer with this kind of reputation?
Possibly even ahead of the game on ordering the Focus EV?
Has anyone even ordered one yet? If so, from which dealer?

From what I gather on this and other forums, Ford and its dealers are not particularly ready for this rollout as the Nissan people appeared to be. The Nissan Leaf forums are discussing all of this, but I figured it was best to ask here about dealers. For reference, check out this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=40
[former: 2000 CNG Camry & 2000 Honda Civic GX]
Go Green
wq2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Dealers?

You have to start with the list of dealers that are "EV Certified" by Ford. That list of dealers can be found here.

jmueller065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmueller065
You have to start with the list of dealers that are "EV Certified" by Ford. That list of dealers can be found here.
Thanks for your reply. Yes - I have reviewed that list this morning. A little more than 6 pages for California of which about twenty would be within 100 miles of Los Angeles. The questions remain:

Has anyone ordered from any of these certified Ford dealers yet?
Are any of them offering better deals than MSRP?
Any of them have a decent reputation?

Thanks!
[former: 2000 CNG Camry & 2000 Honda Civic GX]
Go Green
wq2345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wq2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmueller065
Thanks for your reply. Yes - I have reviewed that list this morning. A little more than 6 pages for California of which about twenty would be within 100 miles of Los Angeles. The questions remain:

Has anyone ordered from any of these certified Ford dealers yet?
Are any of them offering better deals than MSRP?
Any of them have a decent reputation?

Thanks!
WQ it looks like your are blazing the trail here.

I would call those dealers, and simply ask, will you sell at MSRP. Do not take assurances over the phone. Do not walk into a dealer and ask for this, unless you like sitting around a dealership for hours. If they offer you the car at MSRP say "oh that's great, if you will send me a buyer's order I am ready to put my deposit down." Check the buyer's order carefully to make sure it is exactly the car you want AND that it is signed. Some would insist it be signed by the sales manager not just your sales person, but I don't think that is necessary. Dealerships don't like to back out on signed buyer's orders.

I realize what you really want is someone who has already found a dealer who sells at MSRP and doesn't play games, but the reality is that they may sell one car to another person at MSRP, and then try to sell you one above MSRP. The signed buyer's order is your only defense against that.

Unfortunately GM and Ford do not have as much control over the dealers as does the Foreign makers. It was never even an option for Ford to do an online order process akin to the Leaf. GM actually has one dealer who is a Congressman who is actively working against the Volt!

The best we can hope for is that Ford does something akin to what GM has done with their Volt Advisors, who are basically GM people who will to do the leg work to find you a car at MSRP.

If you find dealer A willing to sell at MSRP, but you would prefer another dealer B for whatever reason you can probably use dealer A's offer to get dealer B to sell at MSRP.

I think you can forget about below MSRP on the FFE, at least for the foreseeable future, the best you can hope for is MSRP.

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have ordered, 11/28/11, the Ford Electric Focus. I delt with Schultz Ford in Nanuet, NY. My order number with them is 0001. Is this the first order placed??? Don't know, but I am excited. Paid MSRP. In my research, I had a dealer who wanted +$5000 over MSRP and multiply dealers who had no idea what and or how to order the car.

The Schultz dealer is large in sales, excellent in retail and knowlegable. Worked with Brian Schaff. Expected delivery late spring 2012.

I'll keep you posted...
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1

I have ordered, 11/28/11, the Ford Electric Focus. I delt with Schultz Ford in Nanuet, NY. My order number with them is 0001. Is this the first order placed??? Don't know, but I am excited. Paid MSRP. In my research, I had a dealer who wanted +$5000 over MSRP and multiply dealers who had no idea what and or how to order the car.

The Schultz dealer is large in sales, excellent in retail and knowlegable. Worked with Brian Schaff. Expected delivery late spring 2012.

I'll keep you posted...

Thanks for the update. What color did you get? Options? Do you have a signed buyer's order?

Old 12-07-2011, 03:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the update. What color did you get? Options? Do you have a signed buyer's order?
I ordered White Metalic Platinum Tri-coat. Leather seating - Light Stone. These are the only two option choices (Exterior color and seat material). Everything else is built into the car. If you go to the ford.com website and "build a car" you can see all of the standard equipment.

I have a buyer's contract signed by the sales manager and a copy of the computer generated Ford order #0001 with the details of the automobile.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
I ordered White Metalic Platinum Tri-coat. Leather seating - Light Stone. These are the only two option choices (Exterior color and seat material). Everything else is built into the car. If you go to the ford.com website and "build a car" you can see all of the standard equipment.

I have a buyer's contract signed by the sales manager and a copy of the computer generated Ford order #0001 with the details of the automobile.
Well that's very exciting! Ford seems to be doing all this on the down low. No fanfare as it were. I wonder how the rollout to the fleet is going?

Old 12-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Does it list the std equipement ? Ford hasn't published that.

BTW, congrats on the order. The first I've seen written about.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Does it list the std equipement ? Ford hasn't published that.

BTW, congrats on the order. The first I've seen written about.
If you go to this web site http://www.ford.com/electric/focuselect ... ervations/ and click on "build your car" at the end of the process print you order then all the equipment will be listed.

Tks for the congrats. I, also, have not heard of any other orders. Very low profile roll-out. We shall see.