Ford Focus Electric Forum - View Single Post - Main Center Display Gone Blank
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
billsblots

Default Main Center Display Gone Blank

Copying my post from another Forum, anyone else ever experience this problem?

Trying to connect to my iPad for BT Stereo, I had a couple of days when the big main display would show "connected to iPad", but BT Stereo would not show as available to select from the steering wheel selector menu, although it showed on the big main display, and i could select it on the main display and it showed BT Stereo as selected, but it still did not appear as available on the center-right menu and could not be selected, all the while the main display showed bluetooth "connected to iPad".

I don't know if this flakiness is related, but yesterday morning the main display, the 4-section display in the center of the console, went blank completely. I turned around the block and came home and shut off and turned on again, but the center display wouldn't come on. It drove normally and in fact I could select AM Radio from the steering wheel and it played, so I decided to go ahead to work with it anyway instead of going to my Saturn car. Coming home in the evening it was dark enough so that I could see a little bit of a "glow" on the center console display, but there was no info again.

I tried again this morning to turn things on and off, with and without the Level 2 charger connected, but there is no center display.

I contemplated disconnecting the 12V battery and connecting again, as that may reset something.

Reading Whit's post down the list maybe there is a glitch that can be cleaned up with re-flashing.

Is there any negative to disconnecting the 12V battery and possibly "resetting" the accessories?

Anyone else experience this blanking of the big center main display?
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote