Ford Focus Electric Forum - View Single Post - Dominion Power EV rate and public hearing
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Charged Up

Default Dominion Power EV rate and public hearing

Dominion Virginia Powers filing with the SCC for their proposed rate schedules EV and 1EV.

This 101 page document has a lot of interesting information. Besides the proposed rate schedule, there are projections for EV numbers in Virginia.

There are two basic options. Second meter for monitoring charging of only the EV. The rate for this is 16.513 cents on peak (6am-10pm). Off peak is (10pm – 1am/5am-6am) is 7.686 cents. Super off peak (1am-5am) is 4.421 cents. If charging from 10pm – 6am works for you this is definitely something to consider. Note that DVP’s basic rate is going up to 10.770 cents.

Dominion will install the additional meter at no cost, but you will be billed $2.90 per month for the meter.

Alternatively you can switch your whole house to rate 1EV. That rate has 7 different levels depending on time of day and time of year.

Page 66 spells out all the details.

http://www.dom.com/about/environment/pd ... oposal.pdf

For me personally I am not sure if it will work. There are times when waiting to charge at 10pm would work, but often I come home and charge for an hour or two or more and then go back out. Also, on the weekends I frequently charge during on peak hours.

A webcast of the public hearing has been set for June 8, 2011. You can follow that at:

http://www.scc.virginia.gov/case/webcast.aspx

Charged Up is offline   Reply With Quote