Ford Focus Electric Forum - View Single Post - I got the call!!
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Scott Snyder

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your help.

Now for the rest of the story...

After walking away from the dealership in disgust, I came home and started searching through the forums and gathering all of my communications with the dealer. The next morning I went straight down to Sunnyvale Ford and passed all of the sales and finance people I had been dealing with the day before and asked to see the general manager.

Although I had never seen nor heard from him he was well aware of my story. After 30 minutes of discussion making sure we new each others points of view and showing the documents I had accumulated with purchase order confirmation showing MSRP and nothing else, he made his first move. He dropped the dealer markup from $2,500 down to ... $2,000. Okay not very much. Perhaps it was because it was Father's day and I wanted to spend what was left of the weekend with my kids or perhaps it was that I was tired of all of the "potential" of EV's and it was finally time to see it in action or perhaps I was thought of waiting months to find another one but I countered. "$1,500 and 1.48% financing" I said. After some more discussion of how the dealer doesn't make much on this car (over $5,000 at MSRP according to Consumer report's "Bottom Line" price guide)... he took it!

I am now the proud owner of a FFE!! Actually my wife is. I on the otherhand have been out of town this last week while she has had all of the fun. No worries I have been able to track her charging and discharging activities on the MyFordMobile app on my iPhone.

The verdict after one week... she love's it! Although I suspect the main reason is the car is so quite she can easily talk on her handsfree connection to her iPhone without any background noise. Actually it was the handsfree link that got her interested into all of the technology. She called me when she had finally achieved butterflies on her dashboard (ie. she improved her driving style enough to be an efficient driver). She called when her car texted her that the charge was full. (I was able to set that up remotely). She called me when she entered her car and found the airconditioning on after all day charging at work (you guessed it, I set up that remotely too!). I was pleased to see that she never got below 30 miles driving range. She still has little range anxiety.

Oops, I got to go. It's almost time for the live streaming of the first delivery of a Model S at the Tesla Fremont Factory. Can't wait for mine. Reservation holder #6447 !!!!
Scott Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote