Ford Focus Electric Forum - View Single Post - I got the call!!
» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Scott Snyder

Default I got the call!!

I got a call from my dealer yesterday afternoon ... my FFE had arrived!!!! Because of the lack of information from Ford I have been talking with several people at my local dealer (Sunnyvale Ford). The original guy quit and now two of the salesman where both thinking they would get the commission. Not my problem, I'll let them work it out.

So my wife and I go in and take a long awaited test drive (I placed my order in early Feb). I was originally worried about the lack of trunk space as the photos looked like it could only hold 2 grocery bags. It turns out there is a large subdivider that breaks up the trunk into several different compartments. When this is removed (it just lifts out) there is room for 4 or 5 grocery bags. Much more reasonable.

We had to go to a previous engagement but on the way back to the dealer I get a strange phone call from one of the salesmen asking what price had been discussed. I stated that original salesman had suggested it sells for MSRP at 39,200 plus options (I got the leather seats $995 and the white platinum paint $495.) When I sat down to figure out the financing they then told me there was a 10,000 dealer markup. I complained that this was the first time that anyone had mentioned a markup and I would not pay it. They dropped it to $2500 and began to bargain as if this was any car off the lot not one that I had waited for 5 months. After 2 hours going back and forth and them saying they had a dozen buyers the would be willing to pay the 10,000 markup. I walked! One of the salesguys came after me in the lot and asked if they should call me tomorrow and should they hold the car? I told them sure but now I am so pissed that I don't think i can ever buy a Ford.

I have never seen such a poor product launch and now this...

I know it will be several months before any of the other dealers will have a car and perhaps some markup will be common by then. In all likelihood I will have to wait until the next electric vehicle is available. Honda says the Electric Fit will be available in July. I tend to believe Honda's launch dates. Not sure what I should do. Any suggestions anyone?
Scott Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote