Ford Focus Electric Forum - View Single Post - Cellular data plan included
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
billsblots

Default Cellular data plan included

I had been trying to find out how one actually communicated with the Focus for the App. I was pointed to an article announcing Ford had entered into an agreement with ATT to provide cellular modems and service in the FFE. Nowhere did it say whether the actual wireless service was included or would be an extra expense for the customer.

My salesman looked up on a dealer-only esource web site today while I was at his desk and did find the key words "complimentary 5-year subscription", starting the day of purchase. The glossy advertising indicates it is a built-in capability, but knowing me I wanted to see that it wasn't something we'd find out at the last minute was a wireless subscription we'd have to sign up for. Not that I'm jaded, just trying to be thorough.

Most urban areas are covered by ATT okay, but ATT coverage can drop quickly outside and between metropolitan areas.
billsblots is offline   Reply With Quote