Ford Focus Electric Forum - View Single Post - Focus Electric Launch to be Scrubbed…Again?
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
dwf1

Default Re: Focus Electric Launch to be Scrubbed…Again?

Quote:
Ford may have standing orders for easily over 1000 cars
That statement interest me very much. Let's try to find out a number....

In the initial release in NY, NJ, & CA there were approximently 70 dealers available. Anyone in the country could order from these dealers. I spoke to 5 dealers in the NY & NJ area who told me they were alloted 3 FFE to preorder and they could not move more then their allotment. If that is a correct assumption for all the dealers, then they have the ability to preorder (70X3) 210 Focus Electrics. They opened a dealership in Virginia for the NASCAR gig and let's say my numbers and assumptions are incorrect so double it and you have 500 available to preorder in the first round.

The second point is made by my research through out the internet. I have attempted to investigate as many forums as possible. I always find or post a topic "Have you Ordered?" As of this date I can only give you the user names of 6 individuals who have ordered the FFE.

I wish we could get some inside information on this number. I would love to hear of 1000 other patron saints ordering the FFE, but right now I am skeptical.

What do you think??????
dwf1 is offline   Reply With Quote