Ford Focus Electric Forum - View Single Post - Get LEAF Now or Wait for Focus Electric
FordFocusElectric.com is the premier Ford Focus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Re: Get LEAF Now or Wait for Focus Electric

Quote:
Obviosuly Nissan is a little bit ahead of Ford with its LEAF electric car already being delivered.

I am on the list for this car but I really want the Ford. Love the brand, love American cars, and prefer the styling.

Anxiuos to get off gas the question is do i get the LEAF or wait for the Ford?
You know, until I bought the Volt I had never bought an American car. The Volt has not disappointed. I think the quality of American cars has come way up. Right now there is still this perception among some that the Europeans and the Asians do it better, but I'm not buying it.

I firmly believe EVs will be the future of transportation. And obviously the Chinese do too. People complain about the US offering 7.5k tax credits. Meanwhile there are reports of the Chinese offering 20-30k per car in subsidies and credits. The obviously feel EVs are the future and want to insure their piece of the pie.

I'm proud to see GM and Ford leading the early charge on this front.